Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-08-2005 , 06:04 PM

The Statue (VFX SHOT)

Hey guys,

thought i'd post up some wip's for a change since i've havent been around for quite a while. my latest project is a vfx still shot for my assignment in which we have to do some integration.

my idea was to integrate a statue into the local gardens at my uni. here's what i've done so far (btw...there is a head..i'm just finishing off uv mapping it):

user added image

still painting the colour map, specular, diffuse and bump map along with working on the lighting. having an issue with generating the shadow for this at the moment...my usebackground shader seems to be stuffing up on the objects i've assigned it to (u can see it in the img above). rendered with mental ray.

comments and critics highly welcome!

- stace

msn: great_expanse AT hotmail.com
# 2 26-08-2005 , 11:45 AM
Well after many long hours tonight and the fact my assignment is actually due today...here is where its at now.

user added image

C + C welcome

msn: great_expanse AT hotmail.com
# 3 26-08-2005 , 02:31 PM
I like the previous lighting and color of stone. They're much brighter. It brings out the [artisticness?user added image ] in the model.

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.