Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 30-01-2007 , 04:02 AM

GUI: Time Slider defaults to 24fps ...

Hi all,

my Time Slider defaults to 24fps and 48 frames whenever I create a new scene. Though I edit and save my preferences to use PAL (25fps) and 200 frames range. Any ideas?

I'm using Maya 7.0.1 on WinXP sp2.

# 2 30-01-2007 , 05:11 AM
Subscriber
isnt that just the default project and when you open your project you have worked on it s back to the settings you want/saved

happen to me too, but when I open my project it is back to the settings I made

maybe I have maya set to the default project??

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 30-01-2007 , 05:26 AM
Subscriber
If you'd like to change the defaults for each time you create a new scene, click the option-box next to File->NewScene.

There you can change the default units of measurement for distance, angles and of interest to you - Time. I work in PAL, so I want 25fps not the 24fps of film. It was really doing my head in, having to go through the hassle of changing the options for each individual scene I created, via Windows->SettingsPreferences->Preferences : Settings.

Note, you can also change the defaut playback and animation end frame, from the 24 and 48 Maya ships with.

S.

# 4 30-01-2007 , 09:08 AM
enhzflep
Yes, when modifying the settings in the File > New Scene dialog window, my settings remain even when I restart Maya. Thanks.

Funny that editing the Window > Settings/Preferences > Preferences doesn't do it. I thought that's what the preferences file was for. user added image

# 5 30-01-2007 , 09:21 AM
Subscriber
It's a pleasure mate.

Confusing, huh?

The Windows->SettingsPreferences->Preferences just lets you change the preferences for the current scene. It only took me about 3 months of saying "bloody hell, not again!!" to be lucky enough to see somebody else mention it. I guess in the long run, it works out to less work if you always work in one specific format, if you then want to just do 1 project that's different. You just set it and you're done. No need to remember to set it back again for the next 'as per usuall' project.

Simon.