Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 11-04-2007 , 12:14 AM
Q. How come I don't have a modeling menu set?

A. The latest versions of Maya have a Polygon menu set and a Surface menu set instead.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 17 29-10-2007 , 09:17 PM
Q: Faces flip/deform when using bridge/merge edges.
Q: I'm stuck with a border edge even after merging vertices.

A: Reverse the normals (Normals menu).

# 18 14-11-2007 , 09:38 AM
Since I looked alot for it, here it comes:

Q) Where can I change/make shortcuts?

A) Window -> Settings/Preferences -> HotKey Editor

The world is crule
# 19 16-11-2007 , 03:40 AM
Subscriber
Q : My history dose not show up, after i have done a mesh tool modification? (or like you cant switch back to 0 in the polysmoothnode

A: This can be modified by typing in the command line the following info.

constructionHistory -tgl on;

This toggles the history construction back on.

Note: everything that is created before the construction history is toggled back on is gone for ever.

# 20 28-05-2008 , 09:20 PM
Thx for posting

# 21 30-08-2008 , 07:50 PM
Subscriber
I want to make an icon that I can put on my toolbar for the function ctrl+a to toggle channel box or attribute editor. I see it in a bunch of Kurt's vids but it was never explained how to get it.

# 22 30-08-2008 , 08:51 PM
Lifetime Member
There are already icons to click to get these things, look to the top right of the UI next to the X,Y,Z boxes and you will see 3 icons, the first one brings up the attribute editor , the second the tool options and the 3rd the channel box and layers.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 23 15-10-2009 , 07:25 PM
I have a question...
I believe Ive done something wrong, cause few weeks ago it was working perfectly...

Q: When I try to scale an object (XYZ separately) in the viewport it is either not working, or just scales it to much in the dirrection I want... MMB-dragging is working properly, but sometimes it's just easier to do that with the "rotate tool".

Thanks!

# 24 27-11-2009 , 08:46 PM
EduSciVis-er
Since this has shown up an awful lot since it was implemented in 2009(?)...

Q:My selections are yellow and/or orange and/or red and vertices I don't want to move are moving. How can I get back to selecting things normally?

A: Soft-select is most likely turned on. Press 'b' to toggle it on/off or open move tool options for more options and information.

# 25 05-12-2009 , 06:24 AM
EduSciVis-er
Q: How do I move the manipulator arrows or pivot point?

A: Press insert (or home on mac) and move it around. Hold x to snap to grid if you want it on the origin for example.