Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-09-2007 , 09:46 AM
Subscriber

Beau from Dragon Booster series

Hi everyone, after a loooong break, i have started modeling again.

I'm currently working on Beau from the Dragon Booster cartoon series, please tell me what you think of him so far..

I know i still have quite a bit still to do.
These renders are just some quick ones i have done by just duplicating the half just to give an idea what he looks like as whole so i know the middle cv's are out. And YES, the front view looks pants at the mo, but i'm working on that.

Here are the pics..

Persp..
user added image

Front..
user added image

Side..
user added image

Mouth open..
user added image

And a wire of the base mesh..
user added image

# 2 18-09-2007 , 10:05 AM
Subscriber
nice work man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

one question though how did you model it, did you block it out using nurbs, or did you use like polygon box modeling or something

# 3 18-09-2007 , 07:19 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by jali
nice work man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

one question though how did you model it, did you block it out using nurbs, or did you use like polygon box modeling or something

Thanks.

I started off with nurbs, then poly's then back and forth with sub-d's, i.e. the head was 2 spheres and the neck was a cylinder.

This model is when he is in disguise, for racing etc.
I'm also going to put on the wing type pieces for when he is in 'super hero' mode, so 2 different textures as well.

# 4 19-09-2007 , 12:48 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by flamemaster
Thanks.

I started off with nurbs, then poly's then back and forth with sub-d's, i.e. the head was 2 spheres and the neck was a cylinder.

This model is when he is in disguise, for racing etc.
I'm also going to put on the wing type pieces for when he is in 'super hero' mode, so 2 different textures as well.

wow 2 spheres for the head, i thought you might have used a cube to model the head, anyway keep up the good work post some pics when your done

# 5 19-09-2007 , 07:31 AM
Subscriber
Thanks.

I have modeled him in about the same way Kurt modeled the dragon in the tut's.

Just to give you an idea, here is a screen from right at the beginning.
user added image