Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-03-2008 , 07:25 PM

vfx like Tron

Hi,
I'm new with creating vfx in Maya. I was wondering if anyone knows how to create the Tron effect with a Text in Maya. I want the text to be in wire frame and than with particles effect morph to a solid text. Does anyone have any idea how to do that?
Below is an mock up example created in PH To demonstrate the idea.

Tracy

Render TITAN ~ Value & Performance!

25¢ / GHz hr ~ Free 24/7 phone support ~ 64bit ~ Dual Quad-Core Xeons ~ 8GBs Ram standard

Last edited by RenderMonkey08; 06-03-2008 at 07:30 PM.
# 2 06-03-2008 , 07:31 PM
ooops forgot the attachment

Attached Images

Tracy

Render TITAN ~ Value & Performance!

25¢ / GHz hr ~ Free 24/7 phone support ~ 64bit ~ Dual Quad-Core Xeons ~ 8GBs Ram standard
# 3 06-03-2008 , 09:37 PM
sounds like something more easily accomplished in a compositing program... render out your text in wireframe, then render it with the color you want, and in the compositing program animate a mask to have the color render appear over your wireframe render

Accept no substitutions.