Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 24-03-2005 , 12:16 AM
ARrrrrggH - CREEPY!

<font size=3 face=arial color=blue>S U R F E R M C D </font><br>
<font size=2 face=arial color=blue>www.winteractiv.com</font>
# 17 24-03-2005 , 09:49 AM
Subscriber
Modeling of the torso complete for now. Experimenting with smooth at the moment to find the right industrial look. It's a little too smooth now and I think the smooth command is a little tricky to control. Might have to place some clever edges for harder creases. Here's what I got so far and I think it's on to the head next.

Attached Thumbnails

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 18 24-03-2005 , 09:53 AM
Subscriber
Lores mesh for comparison. Forgot to mention that this is more close to what I want. Hard edged industrial look without looking too much "Aha unsmoothed polygon modeling" hehe. I'll fiddle with it today and see then.

Attached Images

The Salvation Prophecy

Last edited by AlphaFlyte; 25-03-2005 at 10:03 AM.
# 19 26-03-2005 , 04:25 PM
Subscriber
Working on the face going for a quite androgyn leaning towards feminine yet very android look. There are some 5 sided faces to the right of the eye and in the mouth area. Placing edge loops is tricky. Ah well maybe some day I will figure it out. Happy easter now everyone. I'm off for some goooood food.

Attached Thumbnails

The Salvation Prophecy
# 20 01-04-2005 , 06:38 PM
Subscriber
Got an ugly fold and some work to do on the middle seem. Hope this is correct english.

Progress so far.

Attached Images

The Salvation Prophecy
# 21 01-04-2005 , 11:04 PM
Subscriber
the bolts on the sides there. love it. Looks great really at this angle.

# 22 08-04-2005 , 06:15 AM
Subscriber
Haven't made time to work on this in awhile and finally got around the mess about with the head. Don't you just wanna kiss her and whisper norty things in her errr... sideplugs?
Next she needs a neck and then I'll start to connect things together. I'll add more detail later hopefully when I see the big picture.

Attached Thumbnails

The Salvation Prophecy
# 23 09-04-2005 , 06:45 AM
Subscriber
Ok it's starting to come together. I am evaluating form and silhouette at this point. As always it's open for comments and critiques. I need to step away from it now after staring at it for too long. Sorry it's a little dark.

One thing I immediatly see is the head could be slightly bigger and I still want to emphasize a more feminine hip area. Hope she's creepy enough user added image

Attached Thumbnails

The Salvation Prophecy
# 24 09-04-2005 , 07:24 AM
Subscriber
Small modifications and easier to see what's going on. Pony spotted the arms needs to be longer. I agree user added image Sorting that next.

Attached Thumbnails

The Salvation Prophecy
# 25 09-04-2005 , 11:24 AM
Subscriber
looking gooduser added image

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 26 09-04-2005 , 12:21 PM
Yeah looks great man. Wouldn't want to meet that guy in a dark alley user added image.

# 27 09-04-2005 , 03:02 PM
Subscriber
gives me a idea for that center dial there ont he chest.. it could have settings for : normal, meen, and murder !

# 28 10-04-2005 , 04:24 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Pony
gives me a idea for that center dial there ont he chest.. it could have settings for : normal, meen, and murder !

she definitely has the creep factor goin. . .what hospital is she workin at? make sure i dont visit. great concept goin.

# 29 10-04-2005 , 08:28 PM
Subscriber
Thanks lads, but surely there must be sommit that can be improved on modeling wise? Critiques if you please, and got the time of course hehe.

Pony, you crack me up. Think we'll set it to mean. Murder is so definate and cold. Perhaps you would like another shot? user added image

The Salvation Prophecy
# 30 11-04-2005 , 02:06 AM
Subscriber
I personally think it looks cool AlF... well done man.

It might be matter of opinion, but i think the upper torso could do with a more "boxy" coffin shape. I think it would contrast better with the curves on the face and hips, which should make her an even meaner looking bitch. Speaking of which I think you could bump up the scale of the hips slighly to give a more feminine look (I wouldn't snog her though user added image).

Well played. Looking forward to a final shot - you animating / adding scene to this? Hope so user added image