Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-03-2006 , 09:42 PM
Subscriber

split tool issues

hey all ...

just wondering . i was going threw tutorials on the tie fighter from SM and in it we have to use the split poly tool. Why is it sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt ? i mean reset it adn dont work. They only way i have gotten it to work correctly is just to go ahead and redo the tutorial from beginning or find a save project from earlier ? Has anyone ran into that problem. It picks one point but i cant pick anymore . Also i did a search and didnt come up with anything like that. I know it should just work but i run into alot of problems with it. Any help would be appreciated. Also i have done the project in polys. I do have a saved project i can attach as a zip if that will be needed to help figure t his out .

Thanks in advanced

# 2 20-03-2006 , 07:50 AM
Subscriber
yeah this happens to me sometimes just start at the point u want to go to and work backwards.

<a href="https://www.angelfire.com/blog/simon_hitchins/3d_models"> My Website </a>
# 3 20-03-2006 , 08:12 AM
I think this happens when you have some non manifold geomerty there, try looking at the object's faces and see if it looks like theres a face on the edge that your trying to split.

It culd also be that the vertices are not merged to make one mesh and your trying to split over this point.

Hope this helps in some way.

# 4 20-03-2006 , 11:06 AM
Subscriber
okay thanks for your help and if it is the vertices are not merged how can you fix that ?

# 5 20-03-2006 , 11:17 AM
Subscriber
Edit polygons>Merge vertices

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 6 20-03-2006 , 11:18 AM
Subscriber
do i select one or more vertices ? then merge

# 7 20-03-2006 , 11:21 AM
Subscriber
You need a minimum of 2 otherwise there is a gap between the two and you cannotsplit 'thin air' so joining the verts together solves this prob!

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 8 20-03-2006 , 11:28 AM
Subscriber
thank you very much .... solved on of the problem ..then other vertices is not working oh well ...but i did learn something ..thanks all...