Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-01-2007 , 04:25 PM

what can maya do for me?

Ive assumed for a while that careers or jobs in the 3dgfx field are reserved for the top dogs, the bad boys of maya and 3dsmax. it's not like with photoshop or illustrator where you can wing it with a small amount of knowledge or experience. nope, productions demand the best. and the best have been at it for years.

so what then, can maya offer a noob. someone interested in maya but not really able to invest billions of dollars and time in to it? maya isnt like photoshop where you can learn a little and apply it to a hundred times more things than you could with maya.

because just to get a working knowledge of modeling in maya requires a big investment of time and effort. you cant learn maya on your own. you need guidance.

so what can maya do for me? is that a retarded question?

# 2 08-01-2007 , 05:09 PM
I think a better question would be ~~

What can you do for yourself with Maya?

# 3 08-01-2007 , 06:44 PM
Subscriber
those who master maya become immortal.

# 4 09-01-2007 , 09:41 AM
Subscriber
jump buildings, fly space ships, shoot down enemy planes, create and destroy worlds, the list goes on.., and it is a good hobby too. If you want to get famous doing production on incredible films, then master something lik boujou, or something that isnt as popular but even MORE necessary than Maya. (and prey) user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 5 09-01-2007 , 09:54 AM
You could just learn one thing then use that, for example learn the dynamics toolsets and a bit of mel, you could very well then get a job creating some SFX for movies and games etc.

Maya's one of the things where you have to think do I want to be a master of one or a jack of all? As its so big in the scope you can do.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle