Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 13-01-2007 , 09:51 AM

World Of Warcraft + other MMO

So, i was thinking about purchasing this game, I downloaded the 10 day trial and im still undecided on it. Anyone who has it, how do you feel about it? And how far into it are you, and how often do you play?

I have not played an MMO for a while when i used to play city of heroes(which i did enjoy) And i plan on playing the coming MMO from Marvel Comics that should come out soon, as long as were here is anyone planning on playing that?

# 2 13-01-2007 , 05:32 PM
Subscriber
FPS's for me everytime. I've seen too many a persons social life suffer too much due to RPG's. user added image

# 3 13-01-2007 , 09:43 PM
Simply Maya OG
Save your money and wait for World of Starcraft. WarCraft is too overrated. I played WarCraft 3....it sucks compared to StartCraft.....

- Hybrid
# 4 13-01-2007 , 11:16 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by I-Iybrid
Save your money and wait for World of Starcraft. WarCraft is too overrated. I played WarCraft 3....it sucks compared to StartCraft.....

what starcraft suck compaired to warcraft 3. i think the only game like that to beat it was the dawn of war games and even they dont have the reply value of warcraft 3.

as for world of warcraft not my cup of tea. Noobs get treated like shit and I dont like the western type of RPG`s.

I`m also not a fan of these pay to play games - I think they are a rip of.( although world of warcraft is one of the cheapest). Played guild wars for awhile (that ones free play) and that was ok, but again very hard to get into a good group and every1 was having more fun dancing than playing the game. Also completed the first part of the game without anyhelp what so ever.

I also will be sticking to FTP for my online gameing. I still breakout unreal 2004 every so often. Maybe if you liked city of heros you`ll like this...

# 5 14-01-2007 , 06:25 PM
warcraft 3 the frozen throne all the way...

these games do hurt the social life though user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 6 15-01-2007 , 08:45 PM

Originally posted by I-Iybrid

Yeah i do prefer the starcraft world to Warcraft but i doubt Blizzard would make another MMO, wouldnt they be in direct competition with themselves?

And i would really like it if they would stop canceling/delaying Starcraft: Ghost

And yes im a FPS fan and think i might play Americas Army again soon but again its so hard to find a good group of people to play with.

# 7 16-01-2007 , 03:33 AM
Hi all,

first of all, i played a lot of MMORPG's, i played Guildwars, WoW, CoH/V and loads more free MMORPG's. i also try out for most beta's and so far the only game that still holds me in it's grip is WoW. and in my opinion that's not only because the game is the best but also because most players that play it don't play it to play the game but the play it together with others. and that's the reason why i like WoW. ( and if u ever start playing WoW-Europe, join ShadowSong server and /w Pureblood/MagicBlood/SilverBlood/FoulBlood)

Greets from a happy Burning crusade player

01001011011101010111011101100101011001010110101101 10010101100101
# 8 17-01-2007 , 04:20 AM

Originally posted by SilverBlood
Hi all,

first of all, i played a lot of MMORPG's, i played Guildwars, WoW, CoH/V and loads more free MMORPG's. i also try out for most beta's and so far the only game that still holds me in it's grip is WoW. and in my opinion that's not only because the game is the best but also because most players that play it don't play it to play the game but the play it together with others. and that's the reason why i like WoW. ( and if u ever start playing WoW-Europe, join ShadowSong server and /w Pureblood/MagicBlood/SilverBlood/FoulBlood)

Greets from a happy Burning crusade player

Although i played WoW a little i think CoH had a better teamwork angle as there were few, if any missions you could do solo with any charactor build. I liked how good a team you could have from almost any combination of charactors as long as you didnt get all of the same build. From what ive seen i think WoW doesnt deliver the same amount of teamwork on the same scale.

Personally i want to see a good MMO that doesnt have the standard fantasy Orcs, Humans, Elves, mage/rogue/warrior bla bla bla style thats been around forever. One of the main reasons i like City of Heroes is its unique(untill the upcoming Marvel Comics MMO) and you dont see everyone running around bragging about thier level 47 troll wizard mage something or other....

Anyone have any other experiences with any games?

# 9 23-01-2007 , 10:24 PM
Subscriber
If you play wow, your just giving up life away... i know many people from my school which play this game EVEN "girls". i never see them come to school anymore and always hear there online playing it 24/7.

Play some other game which is much more fun and cost nothing. I think i once saw or heard that WOW is the most addicted game ever made. im not suprised user added image

# 10 24-01-2007 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber

# 11 24-01-2007 , 06:38 AM
i guess i don't see mmorpgs as actual rpgs. in all the rpgs i've ever played, sure, you level a character and customize him in the ways they allow you to, but you do EVENTUALLY come across the final boss and beat the game. you can then put it down or look for the few secrets you missed - but from what i gather, all you really do is go places, find things, and level up... i mean what's the point in playing a game where there's "bosses" that respawn after a few days? that's like playing the original ninja gaiden and not learning that if you backtrack, the enemies you JUST KILLED will come back on the screen as if you never killed them in the first place.

(at the moment i'm revisiting chrono cross for the PS1. i bought it, my brother borrowed it, and i'm just getting it back - he was off at school - so now i can actually beat it!)

Accept no substitutions.
# 12 24-01-2007 , 03:18 PM
I've played WoW since its launch and I still enjoy the game. I've taken breaks here and there but it's still fun.

I dont see scores of people killing themselves though. user added image

# 13 28-01-2007 , 08:32 PM
I played wow for awhile, pretty fun game. But i got bored with it. As well as not being about to afford to pay for it anymore haha

# 14 30-01-2007 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber
Its kind of funny how its all about WoW, you never here about the other mmorpg's. I wounder what would happen if WoW went f2p? but i did play wow, it was pretty fun i only got to lvl 30. i think what makes it so fun is the colorful graphics. because if you havea bright red and show it to a baby it follows around. it still must do the same effect to ppl on WoW. or they have a very faint sound say you must play WoW. so then you are hyptotised.

Do what you like, like what you do.

Last edited by daffas; 30-01-2007 at 06:09 PM.
# 15 31-01-2007 , 11:25 PM
Subscriber
"I wounder what would happen if WoW went f2p?"

wow if that was f2p... how many people would it attract more? i couple of another million? i reckon...

"or they have a very faint sound say you must play WoW. so then you are hyptotised."

haha soo true :p

my cusin played that for about a week and got to level 50, i cannot believe that in just one week he got to that level... but he quit now since he said it was boring and you just do the same thing over and over again.