Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 11-04-2007 , 09:06 AM
Subscriber

MAYA 1.0 video

hey sup fellows, thought you guys might like this. It's a video made with maya 1.0 and im really surprised at how well it was done. the expressions on bruce lee are hilarious check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj4jrKCC4mc

# 2 11-04-2007 , 11:01 AM
hate to tell you, but it wasn't made with maya 1.0. i can also tell you that contrary to the youtube source, it also wasn't made by pixar... half the stuff in his list wasn't. maya didn't come around til 1998... but the only actual piece to come out around the same time was bingo the clown (or 'bingo the clown-o') which was created purely to demonstrate the abilities and possibilities of maya. when i was a freshman in college for 3D animation, alias/wavefront was proud to produce an entire cd (no dvds yet) of animation to look forward to. we just upgraded to maya 2.0 in the SGI labs in 1999... and there was nothing about a 'bruce lee animation' til at least a year later. that's just my experience.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 11-04-2007 , 03:41 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
except for some minor mistakes i think its fair to say that whoever did this especially back then did a terrific job even if it was done in maya 8.5user added image

# 4 11-04-2007 , 04:23 PM
The Maya Mountain
I remember seeing this when I was in school and that was Maya 3 days.

# 5 12-04-2007 , 12:09 AM
Subscriber
maya 2? maya 3 ?? no wonder you guys are so good at this..user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 6 12-04-2007 , 03:25 AM
Subscriber
on the credits it said maya 1.0 but i guess that was misleading. also, I'm surprised this clip was shown to so many of the schools you guys went to. didnt know it was so famous.

-Dan

# 7 12-04-2007 , 06:19 AM
heh no it wasn't shown, it was one of those things where you look for 3d sites (highend3d was just starting out lol) and there were links for 3d animations. my friend alan let me digitize his VHS copy of the pixar shorts, which included the original renders of tin toy, knick-knack (with the original big boobs and nipples lol), red's dream, and luxo jr.

even though there were horrific tracking issues at the top of each short, they were inspiring nevertheless.

Accept no substitutions.
# 8 12-04-2007 , 09:02 PM
Subscriber
lol interesting. looks like pixar had to start somewhere...