Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-01-2004 , 01:33 PM

Jan/Feb - Dragonhawk- Noob

hmm i will try it...but i'm not sure if i'll try to make it as low poly or high poly.But I#m sure i will not texture it cause i cant...lol

# 2 17-01-2004 , 07:42 PM
Haven't been using maya for a lot of time...now i'm back hahahaha.!!!
concept:

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 17-01-2004 , 07:54 PM

Image Plane Setup

here i've installed the image planes....

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 17-01-2004 , 08:16 PM
The Maya Mountain
Nice concepts user added image

Looking forward to it!

# 5 20-01-2004 , 08:38 PM

Modeling Part 1

hmm my mistake was that i created a cube with too many subdivision...i had had to use a simple cube and then use the poly split tool .Would be better and safe more time.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 20-01-2004 , 09:20 PM

Modeling Part 2

Here is my upper Torso part...i think im done with it mostly...i only have to make details....other comments?PLZ COMMENTS!!!

btw:Who have done such a comparision before?what you say?Noone? man im good .......lol....just kidding....

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 24-01-2004 , 09:30 AM
seems a little blocky near the bottom with lots of faces that dont seem to need to be there. Ide say on the unsmoothed model flesh them out a bit, then resmooth.

# 8 24-01-2004 , 02:33 PM
The Maya Mountain
I'd agree. One method that you might want to keep in mind is not adding geometry until you really need it.

# 9 24-01-2004 , 03:37 PM
thats pretty true. I recomend going back into the unsmoothed version, and delted edges untill you get back to a reasonable number, its easier to extrude out or split poly to increase the number, harder to go back later and trim them out. And its overall easier to conform a small mesh to your liking than an imtimidatingly high mesh.

# 10 28-01-2004 , 08:27 PM

All needed

Well firstly I only smoothed my model in order to show you the torso result...but because i'm not done with the whole upper body I use the unsmoothed version of course...the last step is smoothing fo me....
Secondly all the geometry is needed in my view.maybe i can merge some edges like the triangles on the unsmoothed version or so but mainly it is done....