Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 16-05-2003 , 01:17 PM

unsmooth?

that may be a really stupid idea but is there a way to unsmooth an object?

# 2 16-05-2003 , 01:19 PM
not sure...u can look in the channel box and set one of the values to 0 ...not sure which one cuz i dont have maya on this computer

- TwEeK
# 3 16-05-2003 , 01:49 PM
Subscriber

Re: unsmooth?

Originally posted by EagleKing
that may be a really stupid idea but is there a way to unsmooth an object?

what exactly you want to do with unsmooth? you want to undo your smooth step? if you use subd to smooth, you can always go back to not smooth by converting the subd back to poly - but at level 0. this results in a perfect unsmoothed thing - only thing you loose is any detail you created in subd at level 1 and higher and eventually creases.

# 4 16-05-2003 , 01:50 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by ^^TwEeK^^
not sure...u can look in the channel box and set one of the values to 0 ...not sure which one cuz i dont have maya on this computer

that only works if construction history is still availlable. it does not work with objects that never got smoothed to begin with.

# 5 16-05-2003 , 01:51 PM
Channecl box is one way. type to 0 like tweak said.... but only work if you haven't deleted history. Another way is Polygons reduce.. it will turn you mesh into tris at first. then just go polygons quadrangulate... You might have to spend some time cleaning it back up....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb