Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 15-01-2005 , 02:03 PM

Zbrush ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all ive being modeling/animating for about 5 years now and what a ride it has been,learning maya instide out including mel.
i thouhgt there was no better program until i finally got zbrush to work,which has taken me a couple of years to figure out, man o man was it worth it the ability to model a relativly low base mesh and then apply a displacment map for detail is amazing no more slow perspective speeds for me i love it and would reccomened it to any one!

just my thought

traveler

www.cgmaya.tk
# 2 15-01-2005 , 04:28 PM
well thanks traveler.....i am learning maya inside out too of course including MEL...........rigth now i am 14 years old and i cant really take to much time on learning maya because i got to take alot of time in my school work. But whenever i get the chance to i will always either come to this site or finds someother means of tuturials so i can learn more about maya. And i do kinda good finding things out by myself also. So i really mostly teach myself when it comes to maya but i still give credit to those who have made some of the tuturials that i have learned from.
Whenever i finally learn maya inside out i will try to see if i can learn Zbrush too..............sounds coool to me.....but i know every sotfware has its different benefits............................SO what are the benefits of using Zbrush...................
How is it greater than maya or other 3D softwares that you have seen?

# 3 15-01-2005 , 05:04 PM
well if you model with maya with such high detail the poly count will be ridiculas-1-000-000 polys not posible unless you have a moster of a machine............so instead paint a displacement map in zbrush and export it into zbrush and boom you got the same look but much better detail..one down side the render times are a little slower!...

8ter

trav

www.cgmaya.tk
# 4 21-01-2005 , 01:12 PM
Subscriber
I am fairly new to the 3d realm and loving it so far, i have been using maya since september and think its great but it can be quite slow at times, i tool a look at zbrush and dam does it speed up your work flow.

# 5 01-02-2005 , 06:22 PM
user added image so true, Z brush is the ultimate program for generating normal maps, for those who want to get into it... an un named company have just released a few maya to Z brush guides by the oh so great meats meir

FX supervisor - double negative