Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-08-2004 , 06:56 PM
Subscriber

QUADRO freaks behold!

NVIDIA HAS RELEASED A NEW QUARDO SERIE!

- NVIDIA Quadro;

FX 540 **
FX 1400 ***
FX 4400G ****
FX 4400 *****

The FX 540 is starting point witch has a 128mb memory that theoreticly can take up to 8,8Gb p/s on bandwidge and calculate 49 miljoen triangles p/s...

...well if that doesn't amaze you, you will be better off with the FX 1400 or higher witch have the SLI technology to it... so basicly it would for you to be able to run two grapic cards for one box! ...that just ranSICK!! :bandit:

well for the ones that are into this things....grab some links...

nVidia - shows you the new release of nVidia
SLI Technology - shows you how SLI works

Attached Images

Last edited by ransick; 10-08-2004 at 07:25 PM.
# 2 10-08-2004 , 08:30 PM
Subscriber
Ok, I didnt understand much of that but better graphics cards means better games w00t!!!

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 3 10-08-2004 , 10:21 PM
Subscriber
Very tasty indeed Ransick, but I think you need to have the PCI-X versions as well for the SLI option.

Ah... SLI brings back fond memorys of the old voodoo cards.... (sigh)

Last edited by lonepig; 10-08-2004 at 10:24 PM.
# 4 12-08-2004 , 10:45 PM
Subscriber

Ah... SLI brings back fond memorys of the old voodoo cards.... (sigh)

hehe...funny you said that lonepig...nVidia is lounching another card for the pci....the 6600 and 6600 GT...(GT comes with SLI)
nVidia claims that this will be the ultimate videocard for DOOM3 with his 42 frames p/s on a 1600 x 1200 setting..
...this and the SLI technology makes us singing the old song again!

benchmarks are yet to come....
prices are around... (E 229,-) ($ 199,-) <---GT VERSION

btw for SLI you just need two pci-x on your board but those hardly exists nowa days...and for agp there doens't exist as far as I know a mobo with two slots and the agp videocards are yet to come...

will this card replace the 6800 Ultra?