Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 05-10-2004 , 03:20 AM
Subscriber

Oct/Nov - Noob - Big Bad Fat Zombie

I am glad of the idea of this challenge, it will give me some motivation to do another character for my 'Undead gang' project. It will be, as the title says, a big fat zombie. Think like the abobination of Warcraft, of your uncle that never take a shower...

Finding reference material wasnt easy, I finaly had to use fetish pics of fat guys from a newsgroup. Took me a while to heal my sanity after that, trust me, you dont want to do that often...

So here is the body, I have no idea yet for the head.

Once the model will be done, I will put it in a sewer or coming out of a grave, havent chose yet...

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-10-2004 , 04:52 AM
Subscriber

Re: Oct/Nov - Noob - Big Bad Fat Zombie

Interesting. Waiting to see this develop.

All great projects succeed one step at a time. One lone step firmly placed.
# 3 08-10-2004 , 09:59 PM
Subscriber
<zombie> Mmmmm.... Beeeeer!!! </zombie>

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 4 09-10-2004 , 01:19 AM
Subscriber
Sorry for the lack of updates, I am having somekind of computer problem. I just noticed today that the eMac that I am using has a ATI card which is totaly incompatible with Maya (as most ATI card) which explain why it kept freezing.

To make to problem worst, the computers that I am getting to replace it need parts that arent availlable yet. I want a dual opteron board with PCI express card. This thing will be serious overkill for my new job (mainly doing VBA code in excel) but will be a killer for Maya. Now, I just need to switch my maya licence from mac to pc, kinda suck to go back to pc for me but I am about to double my wage doing MS VBA analysis so I cant really complain too much... All this said, I will go back to work on the concept design and will start modeling in a few weeks, hopefull in time for the end of the challenge. I might even buy a 600$ computer while waiting for the 'real one'. Its surprising how Maya can be adictive...

# 5 09-10-2004 , 02:54 AM
Subscriber
Here is the concept of the scene. Basicaly, its a Big fat zombie that is digging a hole to put the body of a girl (or man?) in it.

1 - hole
2- leg
3- BFZ
4- lantern
5- pile of rock / dirt

Lightning will be provided by:
1 - the lantern
2 - glowing eyes of the zombie

Other than modeling, my main challenge will be to make the night 'realistic' as in the movie, blueish.

And yes, I cant draw with a tablet...

Attached Thumbnails