Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 12-09-2006 , 06:46 AM
Subscriber

paint script tool and my dinosaur

i learnt about this tool, 'the paint script tool.' it is easy to use when you get used to it.

i made this 'dinosaur. and textured it with some of the snake scakes from those Ozzy textures.

and appiled 'stroke to curve' while having the 'blonde straight' brush selected from the visor to a curve i created at the eye lash, hence the eye lash (i think they may have secondary animation??)

anyway it obviously needs some thorns on his back to make him scary. and so comes the paint script tool.

Attached Thumbnails

take it easy and life will be easy
# 2 12-09-2006 , 06:48 AM
Subscriber
i made this cone and flattened it a bit in X and for the time being it is outside the body so you can see.

important that i name the cone, I named it 'dinoscale'

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 12-09-2006 , 06:55 AM
Subscriber
I went to modity on the menu, where the 'paint script tool' lives and pulled up yhe options.

i left it at defaultbut went straight to 'setup' at the bottom of the tool box and wrote on the top line; 'geometryPaint' it is important that the syntax is correct. As soon as i hit return (OK) the second box came up, the little one next to the big one.

I wrote dinoscale in the top option where it says 'geometry' and checked all of the boxes below the sliders.

Attached Thumbnails

# 4 12-09-2006 , 06:59 AM
Subscriber
importent to put the cone (dinscale) back inside the body or you will have them everywhere over the scene, and made the body 'paintable' via paint effects (make paintable.)

the the red circle that runs over the body (you might have to select 'pait script tool' again, i did but the changes were still there so no problem.) to indicate a paintable surface and 'presto', that's it!

one stroke got this

Attached Thumbnails

# 5 12-09-2006 , 07:01 AM
Subscriber
i selected them and with the hypershade, 'assign to selected surface' i put the scales (texture) on them and rendered it.

the scales will now stick to the surface during animation, so breathing and walking is no problem.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by mirek03; 12-09-2006 at 07:03 AM.