Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 18-04-2003 , 01:52 AM

render network licensing

What are the details of network rendering with Maya? Do you have to have a complete liscense for each computer? Also, do you have to have a full install on each computer, or do you just need a small network rendering controller?

user added image

“There are two types of people; those who come into a room and say, ‘Well, Here I am’, and those who come in and say ‘Ah, there you are.’ ”

– Frederick Collins
# 2 18-04-2003 , 05:30 AM
Subscriber
as of Maya 4.5 you do not need extra license. Install Maya 4.5 on each client. It does not have to be full install. Create a blank aw.dat file in the flexlm directory. for the rest you have to read the docs so you can run a batch command.

# 3 18-04-2003 , 12:22 PM
Thank you very much Roach. That alone was one of the biggest reasons I choose not to even attempt to learn 3DS MAX. Paying that much for each render server is ridiculous. I had been leaning towards Lightwave, but now I am taking a much more serious look at Maya. There is so much more support for Maya then any of the others.

“There are two types of people; those who come into a room and say, ‘Well, Here I am’, and those who come in and say ‘Ah, there you are.’ ”

– Frederick Collins