Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-01-2003 , 04:13 AM

Merging an edge i think...

Lets say I have a polygon sphere. (Easyer to explain with) I go in to Face mode, and cut one half of the sphere off. How can i make the side where I cut the shere, be a face, so your not looking into the sphere. I tried merge edge kinda stuff, but it dont do any thing.

# 2 20-01-2003 , 04:40 AM
One way would be to select all the outer edges (where you cut) and go to edit polygons --> fill hole.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 20-01-2003 , 04:49 AM
um. got a wierd result due to my wierd shaped object. It made a face from every edge to fill the hole, filling the object with faces.

user added image
They are not individual faces, so i cant just delete them. and as you see, they poke out of the outer shell of my objecty, (a wing)

Last edited by Ultragames; 20-01-2003 at 04:56 AM.
# 4 20-01-2003 , 05:09 AM
I can't really tell what's going on from your picture. Maybe if you posted a shot of the wireframe with shading before you filled hole. Also, maybe re-think how you are building your wing....is it a bird wing or an airplane wing? If it's an airplane wing, just start with a cube and extrude faces.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."