Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-01-2011 , 01:07 PM

Car paint

Hi,

does anybody knows how to create good car paint or is it the best thing is to use default mental ray shader

Thanks

# 2 08-01-2011 , 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
Unless you need something really specialized then I can't see why not use the mi car/metallic paint. It beats having to create manual fresnel reflections and gloss layers etc.

- Genny
# 3 08-01-2011 , 09:54 AM
Ok thanks!

# 4 08-01-2011 , 10:00 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

# 5 14-03-2011 , 11:12 PM
Subscriber
I find using cards creates a really nice look for car renders. Make a plain, add a white surface shader to it, angle it close to the vehicle, make sure in the render setting that the card won't emit shadows, recieve shadows, and primary visiblility is checked off in your render stats