Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-10-2002 , 11:21 AM
Subscriber

TADA!

Well, I jigged and rigged about and hey presto! I have my main man walking in Maya. Forgive the creases but I only found out last night what was wrong. The character was modelled in AM and imported as a *.dxf into Maya. What I didn't know was that my normals are all arse about face - hence the funny creasy look.

So if anyone can tell me a quick way to get all my normals pointing in the right direction at the click of a button please let me know!

Kev - I hope that seat is still warm!!!

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 2 07-10-2002 , 11:22 AM
Subscriber
P.S. the glassy-eyed look is because he has been down the pub with me last night ... too much sherry!

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 3 07-10-2002 , 12:01 PM
Good work gazza. If you wan't to tweak it a bit more you could add some y-axis rotation to his hip and shoulders...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 07-10-2002 , 01:40 PM
The Maya Mountain
Try selecting your model and going to Edit Polygons > Normals > Conform. This will make all your normals point in the same direction, but may not be the right direction... if they all point inward, then simply reverse to make them all point out.

# 5 07-10-2002 , 02:15 PM
Supreme Being
nice work gazz.. user added image

# 6 07-10-2002 , 04:31 PM
Subscriber
Exiting!!!

I wish i knew something about animation (have to look into that at a later time).

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!