Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 06-01-2007 , 07:26 PM
Subscriber

extruding edge problem

I go to extrude edge on a house I'm building and some of the edges come inward shaded and the other edges don't come in shaded. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, any help please?

here is a screenshot, hopefully you know what I'm saying and can help.
user added image

Last edited by Rhetoric Camel; 06-01-2007 at 07:30 PM.
# 2 06-01-2007 , 09:52 PM
Subscriber
you might have to be more explanatory of what you mean to do and what you have done to get these results user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 06-01-2007 , 11:22 PM
Subscriber
The second story part of the house where I brought in the top to tilt, I grabbed the edges and clicked extrude edges, centered the little tool, and went to bring them in to connect in the middle. As I was bringing them in together I noticed that some of the edges werent extruding at all or it's just not visible.
All I did was duplicate the lower half of the building which is made out of a polygon, didn't really do much to get to this step of the building. I've actually stopped doing anything to it until I get this problem figured out.

Edit: I figured out my problem on my own, under polygons>tool options, I had "Create meshes single sided" checked

Last edited by Rhetoric Camel; 06-01-2007 at 11:52 PM.
# 4 06-01-2007 , 11:58 PM
you may have to go to polygons>tool options and tick keep faces together. Also when you extrude, use the world axis. After clicking extrude, click the little blue circle on the extrude tool to change to world axis.

# 5 07-01-2007 , 07:30 AM
Subscriber
thanks mate, but what what is also happening is, for example, if i am extruding from a polycube, if i give it 3 divisions alround, then select 3 faces of the 9 on one side and press the blue circle of the extrude tool, the whole tool centres into the middle of cube, right into the centre of the cube.?? never seen that in 6.5 or 7??

take it easy and life will be easy
# 6 07-01-2007 , 01:12 PM
Tis a bug with maya 8, think that they borught a patch out for it.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 07-01-2007 , 01:57 PM
Subscriber
Uh-huh.

Check this thread for a link to the patch and directions on installing it.

S