Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 24-03-2007 , 07:51 AM

do it now!(not later)

so i have some problem:
when i do subdivison on polys,
no matter if it is this poly proxy,subdivsions or CPS whenever i alter the low res cage the smooth hi-res mesh doesnt adapt when i drag those low res vertices. the high res model only follows to change its form first when i release the mouse button. only than it jumps into its new place it doesnt follow simultaniously with the change at the low res cage in real time anymore as it should.

(i say anymore because i am quite sure this wasnt normal from the beginning and occured first after having some trouble installing, setting up and getting along with the right CPS- versoin(conenct poly shape ).
once there even was a "UPDATE" in big green letters written at the left bottom of the viewport and at that time the hires only changed into its new position after it clicked on that upadte thing).

-i searched preferences but did not find a sollution to my problem maybe anyxone here knows what i mean and might help with an idea.

please excuse my bad english

Last edited by delesh; 24-03-2007 at 07:57 AM.
# 2 24-03-2007 , 08:27 AM
Lifetime Member
ok I think what you need to do is go to window/Settings Prefereces/ performance settings and then under Dependency Graph Evaluation check the box that says drag.
I think it might be set on Demand at the moment.

regards J.S.

# 3 25-03-2007 , 08:27 AM

demand is a drag

i really apreciate your good advice. they way you described your idea for a sullution was excactely the case and solved the problem at once. thank you for this support if i can do something for you in return please let me know.
best regards
:attn: