Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-09-2015 , 06:31 PM

Error: line 0

Hello,

I'm new to the forum but I have found it to be helpful in the past. But today I have run into an issue. I have saved my file as a .mb and saved it last night before turning off my computer. I tried to open it this morning and got this line of code. Sadly I did not learn mel or python (for I have given up trying to learn code in general due to my frustrations with it) and cannot figure out how corrupted the file is. At most I just need to model itself at least and I was hoping someone could help me retrieve it. I opened it up in the mel script editor and it looks like there is information there, but I can't understand it myself. Any help soon would be great!

// File read in 0.0072 seconds.
// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/scripts/others/pv_performAction.mel line 780: E:/Rigmaroles/crocodile2.mb has no references. Bypassing Preload Reference Editor. //
// File read in 0.0066 seconds.
// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/scripts/others/performFileAction.mel line 920: E:/Rigmaroles/crocodile2.mb has no references. Bypassing Preload Reference Editor. //
file -f -options "v=0;" -ignoreVersion -loadReferenceDepth "all" -typ "mayaBinary" -o "E:/Rigmaroles/crocodile2.mb";addRecentFile("E:/Rigmaroles/crocodile2.mb", "mayaBinary");
closeAllNodeEditors;
closeHypershade;
optionVar -sv colorManagementColorPickerColorSpaceSelection "Rendering Space";
optionVar -iv colorManagementColorPickerColorMgtEnabled 1;
// File read in 0.01 seconds.
// Error: line 0: Error reading file. //
// Error: line 0: Error reading file. //

Attached Files
File Type: zip crocodile2.zip (64.5 KB, 377 views)
# 2 26-09-2015 , 10:37 AM
SM Tea Boy
Sorry to be the one to tell you, that file does not look like it contains even a standard maya header, so unless i'm very much mistaken you will never get anything out of that file.

user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 26-09-2015 , 12:31 PM
Subscriber
My recommendation is to switch on the auto save function in the preferences.
It rescued me a lot of times already.