Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 23-10-2004 , 12:45 PM
Subscriber

Change color based on time

Hi all,

I have a little question here: I need to make a bunch of buttons cycle through a number of colors over time.

I have some foggy notion about setting up a ramp containing the needed colors, but I don't have even the foggiest notion about how to get any information about the current frame number.

And even if I get this time information: how do I normalize it to propperly access the ramp?

How do I achieve this?

Seems that the question is not that little, eh?

Thanks anyway,

Mario

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!
# 2 23-10-2004 , 03:48 PM
The Maya Mountain
Probably could do this a couple of different ways.

The easiest way, probably, would be to simply keyframe the color information and then cycle the animation in the Graph Editor. This method doesn't use a ramp.

# 3 23-10-2004 , 08:35 PM
Subscriber
Er...well...should think before I post.

I Just added a 'time' attribute (ranging from 0-1) and used this to access the ramp.

I needed to do a number of different flashy buttons with different colors and a different cycle timing, that's why I put all the color information in a ramp. That way, I could change colors and timing just by pushing the ramp's colors around a bit.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!