Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 26-02-2007 , 08:45 AM

HDRI ILUMINATING , PLEASE HELP !

I want to render a few cubes using mental ray and spherical HDRI ilumination ... but I have a few problems

I want to make a few white cubes floating in an uniformed lightened red atmoshfere ... and cast a small shadow underneath !

But If I only make the ground plane, my background shows the probe I used for iluminating ... any idea how to make that invisible and make it as the exact color of the ground plane ?

So backgound looks cloned and uniform, allthough I have casts on the ground ?

[Attached image with my pathetic failure]

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 26-02-2007 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 3 26-02-2007 , 10:54 PM
Subscriber

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!

Last edited by 13th_resident; 26-02-2007 at 10:56 PM.
# 4 26-02-2007 , 10:55 PM
Subscriber
i don't use maya that much, but in max in an object's properties theres an option weather it is visible in reflections or not.... maya may have something like that.... dunno, maya objects have properties?

<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11595">Click</a> Desert Eagle
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4250#post4250">Click</a> Gas Lantern
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11714">Click</a> Gas Lantern
# 5 26-02-2007 , 11:34 PM
Yup, you can set up your hdr image to be not viaible in reflections if you like, its in the attribute editor.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 27-02-2007 , 01:25 AM
Lifetime Member
In the rendering editor ,once you Select image based lighting and click create you will get the Attribute editor up and you need to be on the Mentalrayiblshape node.
go to render stats tab and turn off primary visability or you might get away with unchecking viable as environment.

If you have already created your HDRI as in your case then do it straight in the Attribute Editor.

Hope this helps regards J.S.

# 7 10-03-2007 , 06:52 AM
thanks for all your help ! I'll start working on them a.s.a.p !

thanks again and I'll post questions if I don't manage !