Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 61 10-06-2006 , 09:47 PM
Why?

Look at it for what he's doing, trying other things, expanding his knowledge, etc.

Dont have a beef cos theres a watermark, not everyones made of money

# 62 10-06-2006 , 09:48 PM
Subscriber
Why?

As I already said before it's difficult to completely understand the render with the watermark there.

Which is why I said to use a different render next time he wants to show an update.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 63 10-06-2006 , 09:49 PM
Well what if I like this renderer. And Indigo won't export from 3ds Max. It broke. I would do it from Maya, but maya crashes trying to export 50,000 polys.

So I am sorry, but you will deal with it. I'm already working my ass of doing yardwork 8 hours a day for everyone trying to raise a buck or two. And my rich snobby neighbors pay me about $2 an hour because I'm "underage". Oh- on top of the yard work, I'm moving in a week to Connecticut. We have 4000 sq.ft of house to pack into a bunch of boxes. The movers aren't doing a thing. Not for under 8 grand anyway. And we can't afford it.

So- you will deal with it until I can afford Maxwell full. And at this rate I won't for a while.

-Matt

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 64 10-06-2006 , 09:53 PM

Originally posted by MattTheMan
Well what if I like this renderer. And Indigo won't export from 3ds Max. It broke. I would do it from Maya, but maya crashes trying to export 50,000 polys.

So I am sorry, but you will deal with it. I'm already working my ass of doing yardwork 8 hours a day for everyone trying to raise a buck or two. And my rich snobby neighbors pay me about $2 an hour because I'm "underage". Oh- on top of the yard work, I'm moving in a week to Connecticut. We have 4000 sq.ft of house to pack into a bunch of boxes. The movers aren't doing a thing. Not for under 8 grand anyway. And we can't afford it.

So- you will deal with it until I can afford Maxwell full. And at this rate I won't for a while.

-Matt

Very well said... I hate when people get mad about a watermark.....
You will LOVE New England!
i live in the state above connecticut...... Massachusetts!

ofcourse it snows alot here, lol
-andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 65 10-06-2006 , 09:55 PM
Ok, whatever, I dont get your argument about the watermark, maybe you cant see past it and have to crit on that, fair enough if thats your bag.

I can though.

And to quote your sig "hey HE tried"

# 66 10-06-2006 , 09:58 PM
Subscriber
Your immaturity is showing once again.

Don't get all defensive. Don't ask somebody to crit your WIP unless you're willing to take them.

You posted a render with a big watermark in the middle. Sure, I'll say Maxwell is a good renderer. Thanks for posting that render for showing us. Then I simply said that it'd be best if you use a different render without a watermark if you want to show another update.

I suggested using a no watermark renderer seeing as this is also a modelling WIP so you can fully see all the detail.

Yea I know some people can't afford a full version of a renderer. However, Matt has already proven that he can use a renderer that has no watermark. Henceforth, my suggestion.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
# 67 10-06-2006 , 10:13 PM
MY immaturity? You have to be kidding me.

What you did wasn't crit. The chair comment was a crit. I thanks you for telling me about the chair comment. The REAL reason that I have been using Maxwell, to tell the truth is because 3ds Max won't export anymore. That's a problem I am currently trying to fix with what little time I have.

Oh yeah, if you don't like my watermark, feel free to reach in your wallet and pull out $500 for me and send it to me.

In the meanwhile, I'll work and work 'till I get it.

And I'm getting defensive because you are posting completely (well, the first one) USELESS comments, that do nothing but state on your part that you can't post anything educated, and instead have to trash the render because of a watermark, which is definatly my fault that I can't afford $500.

Oh belive me, if I do get the Indigo problem fixed (and I even emailed the writer of the exporter) I'll render in Indigo.

-Matt

# 68 10-06-2006 , 10:13 PM

Originally posted by gohan1842
Your immaturity is showing once again.

Sorry I really dont understand that, since you ment to give constructive crit rarther than

"The watermark kinda kills the whole render.

I can't look at something in your render without looking back at the watermark."

Thats as constructive and as immature as saying,

"I dont think your scenes any good cas you've got the Maya PLE version"

Plus it dosent say in your comment to use a diffefent render because you cant see the whole picture ??

If you want to give good crit, back it up with a reason.

# 69 10-06-2006 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber
I'll just let you 2 post your replies, seeing as you can't take any crits.

I would love to get someone elses second opinion on this.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
# 70 10-06-2006 , 10:20 PM
I can take any crit as long as its constructive.

And I think so can Matt

So lets see if someone thinks that a watermark "kills" the scene.

Nice Immature reply

# 71 10-06-2006 , 10:20 PM
Subscriber
Yea, I said the watermark killed the render, and it did.

You say you're using Maxwell cause other stuff doesn't work. Fair enough. Then next time post a screenshot of your scene for the "Modelling" sake of your scene.

I guess I didn't mean to say use a different renderer but to use a different way of showing your scene next time you make a modelling update, so we can see the details of what you just modelled.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
# 72 10-06-2006 , 10:23 PM
See, that's better. user added image

# 73 10-06-2006 , 10:24 PM
er... I don't have a problem with the water mark - I mean it would be nice without it, but it's not the end of the world - I can see past it and it doesn't seem that bad....

Great work matt the man - I like this scene a lot, though still waiting for you to put something outside the windows - at the moment your room kind of looks like it's floating in heaven, if you know what I mean. Some different views would be good too.

# 74 10-06-2006 , 10:25 PM
you got it Arran! user added image Once 3ds Max starts up again user added image

# 75 10-06-2006 , 10:26 PM
Subscriber
I never said the scene wasn't bad with the watermark. I said that it was hard to notice details in the scene without the watermark being in the way. I didn't think that everyone would freak out by saying it killed the scene.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com