Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-03-2007 , 11:57 PM

Does anyone like it?

I haven't been able to think of something for the horns, so if anyone could help me out? What texture, all that jazz . . .
I downloaded the model of a sort of doom-like <goblin?>
Just added some basic fire and made some sucky mats, but was wondering what advice you guys might have for me?

EDIT: Aack, sorry I didn't realise how large that picture was.
Sorry!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 02-03-2007 , 12:20 AM
Senior Software Developer
Lighting, it needs a lot more lighting. Your concept is good and I like it. Keep it up.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 02-03-2007 , 04:46 PM
Ok, I downloaded that model, and I've just found the mats that he used ( SO much better than mine )
Im adding lighting, and I'm making fire come out of the eyes, added horns.
Will update picture in a moment.
P.S. How should I post the picture? I don't have my own website, so I can't post one like that. Can I make it available for download?

EDIT***: I'm using a tutorial on making a 'ring of fire', but whenever I render it the fire particles are just black. I have been trying to tweak it and see what makes it visible, but nothing changes.
Any ideas?

Last edited by bobalie; 02-03-2007 at 05:04 PM.
# 4 02-03-2007 , 05:18 PM
For Fire I would use fluids, if your after a really realistic look to it.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 02-03-2007 , 05:27 PM
Only thing is, I don't know how to use fluids. Any good tutorials that you know of?

# 6 03-03-2007 , 07:49 AM
PM me whith your e-mail and i'll send you a word doc with a little tut that I did for a flame using fluids

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 03-03-2007 , 09:49 PM

# 8 03-03-2007 , 10:14 PM
Well, I've been fidling around a little with the mats, added horns and a little horn/stubble user added image
Still haven't don the fire, but I will take gster123's suggestion and use fluids. Thank you for all your help, its still a work in progress, don't go away.

# 9 03-03-2007 , 10:17 PM
Well, I've been fidling around a little with the mats, added horns and a little horn/stubble user added image
Still haven't don the fire, but I will take gster123's suggestion and use fluids. Thank you for all your help, its still a work in progress, don't go away!

EDIT***: Also, I was thinking of . . . geez I forget the word, basically lip sync this guy, where and how would I do that? You guys know any easy tutorials?

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 03-03-2007 , 11:07 PM
Also, I just did a fluid fire effect tut, it was great although SO confusing! (fluids i mean) 0.0
Heres a pic! I'm just about to try it out on my guys eyes or something. maybe horns?

# 11 03-03-2007 , 11:42 PM
sorry, the fluids didn't work, my comp shut down on me and nothing was saved. :S However! This seemed to work more, took no time at all, and is just a particle effect! I give you, Fire!

Attached Thumbnails