Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 09-09-2004 , 12:47 AM
Subscriber
Yep, I officially hate fillets, too. I ran into this exact problem a few months back with a model I was working with and posted my question here but got no responces at all I believe. I tried reworking the geometry, redoing the fillet several different ways, worked with the number of isoparms for each object, increased the tesselation, etc, etc, etc.... and to this day I still cannot figure out what the problem is, so I have given up.

for all I care, the fillet tool can go **** itself.

# 17 28-09-2004 , 02:24 AM
LOL. Nice way to put it darkware.

I have never used nurbs... thought ide come here to learn... now i know to avoid the fillit. lol.

# 18 28-09-2004 , 07:26 AM
Subscriber
Well I like to think I have survived the fillets experience so I can leave that and move on.

user added image

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog