Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 301 09-04-2006 , 08:41 PM
I agree, I think it is good to look at everyone's work, whether good or bad just so you can get a good idea in your own head where you stand. I was just surprised to see so many tired ideas. I don't mean to knock his technical ability - but at the end of the day if it's just used to give yet another scantily clad girl a big penis gun or to stick some tart on a bike .... meh.

# 302 10-04-2006 , 12:57 AM
Subscriber
if he's (them) are the guys who pioneered the CG girl look, doesn't that leave them out of the word 'cliche' and anyway, again its, as you said, what sells and its what the masses want, at the end of the day that means food...

and when it comes to women as 'models' what isn't cliche, whether CG or 'catwalk' how can it be avoided, in every mag they look the same, its dam boring now but once it was spectacular, like 'the rolling stones' and anyway, i reckon a good interior would...ect ectuser added image user added image

hands up who doesn't like prepubesant girls..?? but hands up who prefers matutre women.. one is fantasy and one is reality and what are we dealing with here exactly, reality or fantasy, sorry to swing the thread Jay, cant help my self...

take it easy and life will be easy
# 303 10-04-2006 , 08:54 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Another chapter...Mirek if you cant help yourself then get some help

Please lets keep off subject matters down to a minimum here and save for the lounge guys...I was just trying to inspire people to look at other work not spark a debate on whats cliched and what isnt. Talk about missing the point...

Uv'ing today and then hopefully once they are done I'll get onto some belt loops and other small bits then its footwear, ie: boots

Jay

# 304 10-04-2006 , 06:03 PM

Originally posted by Jay
Please lets keep off subject matters down to a minimum here and save for the lounge guys...I was just trying to inspire people to look at other work not spark a debate on whats cliched and what isnt. Talk about missing the point...

Fair enough. sorry.

# 305 10-04-2006 , 07:42 PM
Arran, I didnt mean you dude...we had our little natteruser added image

Jay

# 306 10-04-2006 , 09:28 PM
Finished (for now) and UV'ed. Onto the footwear

Jay

user added image

# 307 10-04-2006 , 10:13 PM
Makin' footwear eh? Can't wait to see what you come up with Jay! Good luck with that!

Also, glad to hear an opinion about how tired the CG girl has become. user added image
This is why I now have Ash on my reel, yay!

# 308 10-04-2006 , 10:21 PM
Subscriber
Another chapter...??? sorry, I'll go look for help.

I like the silver buttons,

take it easy and life will be easy
# 309 10-04-2006 , 10:28 PM
The footwear is another chapter?

Oh, okay.
I'll just take my feminine input to another forum entirely, and not post here anymore.

Catch ya later Jay. : /

# 310 11-04-2006 , 08:43 AM
Nurbs Girl:

No no dont leave, female input is just as if not more worthy in this type of thread, Mirek was refering to something I commented about his over the top ranting, from which I called 'Another Chapter'...so dont take offence

Yeah Im hoping to get onto the footwear today with a bit of luck, I've down loaded loads of reference of biker boots and Horse Rider boots too, so a combo of the 2 should be 'interesting' to say the least, but I'll keep it tasteful.

Cheers
Jay

# 311 11-04-2006 , 09:45 PM
Update, started the boots, they are separate bits of geometry as I'd like to create a more realistic boot...

Jay

user added image

# 312 11-04-2006 , 10:25 PM
interestinc. I can't really tell where your'e goen with that, buw im looking foreward to it just the same

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 313 11-04-2006 , 10:44 PM
hey Matt

Basically I'm building it as a real one would be made...several bits stitched together...

I could have built it from a cube as a whole object (not that its a real problem) but there'd be more arsing about trying to establish the cut leather pieces, plus I want to add grip to the sole as well which will be a separate piece, so I'm planning the pattern for that too, so I think doing it this way simplifies the whole process (at the moment) LOL

Cheers
Jay

# 314 12-04-2006 , 08:37 PM
Update................

Regards
Jay

user added image

# 315 12-04-2006 , 10:40 PM
Last Update for today...

Jay