Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 09-02-2004 , 06:21 AM
Here is the soldiers cleaned up. The color was shifted a bit because they were red. I was planning on color until I did a test with the sempa tones and I did not go any farther. The Pins and rotation jionts cleaned up as well as barrel tip and plastic glare.

Attached Images
# 17 09-02-2004 , 06:24 AM
Here is with the middle ground. It is going to be a larger jump on the next one.

Attached Images
# 18 09-02-2004 , 06:26 AM
Here is with the background image. Side note is that each newer and farther away image I nutralized the contrast and anded more brightness to simulate atmosphere. The fire and painted explosion

Attached Images
# 19 09-02-2004 , 06:30 AM
I got all the photo I did not take from Image after.com and I am sorry for leaving on the disclaimer. The forground, background and middle ground are photos from image after.com. Modified a bit but photos never the less. I added the debree in front of the explosion as well as some shrapnel. I painted on the effects of the soldiers weapons and numbers. There a lot of things I am forgetting to mention I am sure.

Attached Images
# 20 09-02-2004 , 06:32 AM
Now here is the final with the color corrected, film grain and all. I did ome more fine tune painting tweeks alo. Sorry for all the frames but I hope you like it. I will defenetly be using this stuff for my 3D images from now on.

Attached Images