Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-06-2003 , 07:52 PM

matrix concatenation for binding geometry to a skeleton

Actually i try to load in a .ma file in c++ using directX9 to render it. It is a skinned mesh. I never worked with maya since i am a programmer trying to code skinning... I choosed the .ma files cause theyre easy to understand...
So i did load in all informations i think i need ( the mesh, joint and skincluster nodes... )
I filled my vertex structure with the weigths and indices to the joints..
The problem now i have is how to concatenate the different matrices and/or informations ( at first to render the mesh in the bind pose ).

In the joint node there is a translation (.t), a joint orient (.jo) and a bind pose (.bps) matrix derived.
In the skinCluster node a bindPreMatrix (.pm) and a geomMatrix (.gm)

Can anyone give me a hint / a formular on how maya works with these matrices / information ?

Thanx Den
user added image

# 2 24-06-2003 , 10:37 PM
user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image

Um, why you try useing the actualy program, imstead of doing it all in C++. I dont like C++ any ways, im a Java man myself... hehe

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 3 25-06-2003 , 11:34 AM

easy to understand....

First i tried to load in the directx ".x" format.... but, ok, it sounds strange, but the ".ma" format is easier to understand...

Actually, it seems like it runs... i just multiplied the bindPose Matrix with the bindPreMatrix... user added image

# 4 03-07-2003 , 02:06 PM
Subscriber
Hi Den,

sounds interesting... will try to dig for some info... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 5 03-07-2003 , 03:10 PM

strarup

Thanx... ! Would help me a lot... its easy to render the mesh in the bindpose but actually i couldnt find out a way to animate it...
i read in the correct rotation angles for the joints and a "dagPose" node but i dont know how to compute the right matrices....user added image