Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 31-12-2006 , 11:29 PM
Subscriber

Goalnet

Hello, my new project is a football stadium, but I dont know how to create the goalnet. I made some with curves who I revolved for only 3 degrees, but it looks terrible!
Has any body an idea to model a realistic goalnet!

# 2 02-01-2007 , 12:06 AM
Probably the easiest way to make this is just to use a nurbs plane and create a criss cross pattern in photoshop and plug that into the transparency of the planes material.

It should make it easier to animate aswell.

Hope that helps
user added image

# 3 02-01-2007 , 12:35 AM
Senior Software Developer
If your into a challenge, why not convert the NURBS or Poly Plane to cloth then you could animate a ball hitting the net and ta da...

A correctly reacting net.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 02-01-2007 , 03:48 PM
Subscriber
Thanks! Both ways are incredible good!
For the way with the Nurbs plane I see in smooth shaded mode a closed plane, without geomitry, or not ? ( A plane without anything, because the Texture gives in render mode the geomitry )
The cloth way is I think so, to hard for me, because I havenĀ“t experience with it. ( I know the tut, but it is for Humans only )
But the correct reacting net is very attractiv!
Can you show me in a little way, how I do that with the Cloth?
Thanks to you!

# 5 02-01-2007 , 03:59 PM
Senior Software Developer
Maya Cloth is not to hard to learn...

https://www.digitaltutors.com/chit_ch...earchid=161776

Try this search to see how you get in. The VIP CLoth tute here shows the basics and this applies to any cloth object created. The Maya Help Files should show you how to configure cloth and set up collisions.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 6 02-01-2007 , 06:24 PM
Subscriber
Thanks! I will try it and message then my result!

# 7 03-01-2007 , 01:15 AM
Subscriber
Here are any pics from the Goal who I made. When I render it you see not much from the net because its do flat in x.