Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 20-12-2009 , 08:28 AM
Subscriber

Cleaning up Uv Sets and creating New UV sets "Error While Parsing Arguments"

Hello I was going over an old UV mapping tutorial, and I was trying to Create 2 uv sets to then create snapshots for texturing.

When I select all uv's in one Quadrant, and try to copy uv's to new UV set. I keep getting "error while parsing arguments"
user added image
I also noticed, that there were a lot of uv sets. these perhaps where created while doing projections.

user added image

Someone at another maya forum had given me a script to delete all sets and keeping map 1, but I wasn't able to get it to clean up and delete all these sets when I executed script. As a result, I still get same "error while parsing arguments. I also tried deleting history. Now I feel like I hit a brick wall :headbang:

Has anyone had a similar problem before? or any detour or approach to finally do snapshots of these two sets?

I would greatly appreciate any clues.

"It is Difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet"
-Miyamoto Musashi-