Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-07-2010 , 12:16 AM

multiple Animation

Hi I have a character that I want to do multiple animations for such as walking forward and sideways etc for a game. But there seems to be only one timeline on the bottom bar. How do I put in multiple animations without messing up or altering the timeline for each of them?

# 2 22-07-2010 , 12:24 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
As far as I understand you would have to either make a seperate scene for each one, OR you could most likely do frame 1-200 (just throwing numbers out...no idea how many frames a walk cycle would actualy take.) and then do like 201-400 for a different cycle...Then when you batch render it just choose the frames of which ever cycle you are trying to render.

I have not gotten into Animation yet though so that may be wrong, or a bad way to do it.

# 3 22-07-2010 , 01:39 AM
EduSciVis-er
Use the Trax Editor. I can't really get into details (use tuts or maya help), but it essentially gives you short discrete animations that you can string together, like what you suggest.