Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-06-2008 , 11:55 PM

Hold out matte for an object

Hi guys!

I'm having some problems when trying to create an hold out matte for an object. I have a scene of a lemon with liquid flowing over it. When i render in layers i obviously gets the liquid in one layer and the lemon in another layer (both in 4 passes each) When I'm suppose to compose this together in my composite package, in this instant after effects, I don't have the flexibility that i originally wanted. Either the liquidlayer over the lemon or vice versa, but I want to be able to put the lemon where it is inside of maya, inside of the liquid flow, hence i need to create an matte inside of maya which knocks out part of the liquid so i can simply put it over the lemon and then have another layer that flows behind the lemon.

As I'm writing this I can see that my question is kind of hard to grasp, but hopefully you guys will understand what I mean.

EDIT:
Solved! Pretty basic stuff. Didn't though of changing the matte opacity mode to "black hole". I did it and it turned out exactly how i wanted it.

Thanks in advance!

"I never smile if i can help it. Showing ones teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a Chimpanzee begging for its life"

Last edited by hybrid; 19-06-2008 at 12:03 AM.