Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 01-09-2009 , 07:48 PM

Monty Burns

Been having a play about rendering with some layers and compositing them together from the model I made for the challenge comp as well as adjusting the lighting for some effect.

Hopefully you can see that its meant to be Mr Burns from the Simpsons.

Any crits and comments appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Attached Thumbnails

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 2 01-09-2009 , 09:14 PM
Hehe nice one... he looks like he's made of rubber though, but maybe that's intentional?

# 3 01-09-2009 , 09:56 PM
Super Moderator
Ha! Kewl. The specularity on the skin may be a bit too constant and I think Monty should have sideburns and a bit more hair.

- Genny
# 4 02-09-2009 , 12:23 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I've gone ahead and violated your render and I would love to see him in a pose like in the lowerimage.
Still think it looks nice though

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 02-09-2009 , 10:08 AM
You know guys I'm going to move him into the WIP section to finish him off properly, I've modeled his arms etc so I might as well make the most of them as I might be pressed for time making a new project.

Might as well finish this one off properly!

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 30-09-2009 , 02:15 AM
ha - nice job steve! i was following this while you were working on it and you've definitely got monty burns down - would definitely like to see what you do next - having him posed in an environment would be cool.

a cartoon to 3D themed challenge would be cool - i imagine someone's already suggested that tho...

and i guess everyone would just do stewie....