Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 46 03-06-2004 , 07:17 AM
Subscriber
hey contrast! nice hand! like the nails! you nailed that on! user added image

lookin' great....hope to see some more!

# 47 05-06-2004 , 01:15 AM
Thanks for the comments ransick.

Here she is at her current state. I would like to refine the head some more then add eyes, eyebrows, eyelashes, hair, then begin the long process of learning how to texture her. Before I go back to the head, any last suggestions on her body? Please be as brutal as you can be, but of course just because something is suggested does not mean I will defiantly do it since I know I could refine this forever but I want to keep marching forward. But I will give a couple more hours to refining parts of her body if some good points are brought up. So get our your red wacom pens and please be honest. And finally thank you all for your interest in my work, your views, suggestions, and encouragement have kept me going and looking forward to more modeling. Cheers!! user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 48 05-06-2004 , 01:17 AM
And one more image.

Attached Images
# 49 05-06-2004 , 01:29 AM
This is the last one.

Attached Thumbnails
# 50 05-06-2004 , 07:25 AM
Subscriber
ej contrast

Like your model! I would make some changes here and there but can't point them out for you yet 'cause Im at work... I'll keep this spot free to add some possitive user added image c&c user added image
Job well done dude!

# 51 06-06-2004 , 12:40 AM
Technical Director
It looks like the hips are alittle off the ref. But maybe not.

Keep up the good work mate

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 52 10-06-2004 , 02:51 AM
Very nice model so far contrast! There are a few things I would suggest though. If she is supposed to be a more stocky, older kind of woman, I would suggest widening the thighs and calves a little, since her top part seems too "heavy" for her legs to support her...it almost seems like she would topple over, lol! I guess this is since her upper body seems more like that of an older woman, and her lower half seems more like that of a woman in her teens or 20's, making it have that off-balanced look. Or, if you are going for more of a youthful, thin look, I would suggest maybe not making the upper part of her body so wide at the shoulder area, then her body would be more in balance, and bringing the breasts closer together. It just all depends on what kind of look you are going for. But maybe it is just me...I dunno.

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)

Last edited by CGPMaya84; 10-06-2004 at 02:57 AM.
# 53 10-06-2004 , 12:17 PM
Thank you Peltra and CGMaya84 for your suggestions, they are both correct. I redid the legs and hips a bit, I gave them more curves, right now her legs seem like two thin sticks with no muscles.

I was originally going for a young look, perhaps I should take a look at her shoulders as well. It's nice to have given it a break for a bit and come back, all of the faults are becoming more obvious for me, and also thanks to your comments, I will upload a picture when I get home and get on the internet.

(on a side note: my wife and I were watching the rain out our window while we layed on the couch, and a bolt a lightning struck a metal fence that is 10 feet from our window, and we were 10 feet from the window. It was amazing!! So lound and bright, and thick as well! We both screamed then couldn't believe what we saw. But unfortunitly our router got fried and we are waiting for a new one in the mail, it might be a week or so until I am back online like before)

# 54 10-06-2004 , 12:47 PM
Subscriber
just a have to ask before I going to say things what won't help you.... you say that you want to go for a younger look.... do you mean just young or a hot babe with the nicesed body on earth ..?

# 55 10-06-2004 , 01:36 PM
Good question ransick, I am going for a good looking female in her 20's. I am not trying to make her look unbeliveable with an ultra thin waist, etc. But I am trying to make her the correct proportions to her chest. Using the original images as reference. But I also think that she is sucking in her stomach in the pictures, but I do like the flatter stomach. So to make the long answer short, I am trying to make a "hot babe" like you are. user added image

# 56 11-06-2004 , 07:03 AM
Subscriber
haha well yes...except your in a more advanced stage that Iam on my female body...on my wip we have spoke about the right proportions and I don't like skinny bodies...but on the other hand lookin' at you reference...she doesn't got the hottest body... I have tons of refs so if your interested than just pm me and I give you some good ones....

ps...do you have msn or icq ?

# 57 24-09-2004 , 02:37 AM
It's been a while since I have looked at my model and I have decided that the head is far to masculine. I photoshoped some eyes on "her" and also some hair, but she looked like a guy wearing a woman's wig. So I was wonderig if anyone can give some suggestions on how to make my model look less like a dude and more like a dudettte. user added image Below is the image with the eyes, I left out the one with the hair since that is just to funny.

Attached Thumbnails
# 58 24-09-2004 , 07:06 AM
Subscriber
ones again....use refs...if you allready use them than tose them away cause they don't really do too good...

I was playing the other day with my model and didn't used any refs or whatso ever because I thought that I wanted to ajust it to my own flavor... but there was something that didn't feel like it was a womenshead... so I added refs and woooooooooooow what was I off on the head... I needed to rebuild allmost the whole head...

...what Im trying to say is that I can see that your're quite off on your head but you could change it with some good refs....and as I said at my last post....I'll be happy to give it to ya! user added image

# 59 06-11-2004 , 11:30 PM
I made some major changes to the face and tried to make her look more femine. Any suggestions would be helpful, soon I plan to start texturing. Thanks for looking.

Attached Thumbnails
# 60 06-11-2004 , 11:44 PM
Subscriber
lol no offence but thats ugly. the head looks like it has a fisheye effext.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.