Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 14-03-2004 , 01:20 AM
Subscriber
We don’t need a war against terrorism, we need a war against the fictitious gods we have created over countless millennia to explain what we can’t explain. Without them, or even the memory of them we wouldn’t have this problem. The roman gods lasted over 4000 years, they believed as we do about ours that they were real, eventually they died out, as will ours....... Only another 2000 years to wait.

We feel for you all in Spain. And now as a result we look over our shoulder even more, so terrorism does work, it has achieved the result they wanted.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure.
# 17 14-03-2004 , 08:54 AM
user title spammer
i agree - we don´t need war agains terrorism.

we should rather make our world a fair place for everybody - that is the only possible way to get rid of war (and terrorism as form of asymetrical war).
as long as we have a war against terrorism we try to heal the symtoms but we well never get rid of the real illness.

Well and another thing:
one, who gives up freedom to gain security, will loose both

my absolute sympathy for the victims of any act af violence.

# 18 14-03-2004 , 10:12 AM
Not a war, not a war... but it is necessary to discover exactly wich persons did it, and those individuals must be caught AND JUDGED accordingly, not left on a legal void.

quote: one, who gives up freedom to gain security, will loose both
Exactly thats what i meant: if PP is elected this evening thats what would have happened. (not to mention that some (well, most) of them are either ethical-moral borderlines, incompetents, greedy, or just plain stupid )

I agree with both of you in that sectarian fanaticism and really bad wealth distribution in the world is the source of most evils (either directly or indirectly) on this world, but egoism (and incompetence) seems to be more powerful than the will to remedy those...

Last edited by dragonfx; 14-03-2004 at 10:16 AM.
# 19 15-03-2004 , 07:39 PM
I am so sorry and feel for the loss of life. I really hope the perps get what they deserve. Religon is not bad (even though I am agnostic) it is the perversion of it by man that causes problems.