Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 30-03-2004 , 02:33 AM
Subscriber

animate an extrude

Is there any way to actually animate an extrude?

# 2 30-03-2004 , 02:53 AM
Subscriber
Let me give a little more background and maybe I can ask for suggestions as well.
I'm attempting to animate fire drawing out the number 7 (for example) and I think the fire has to be attached to an object but scaling the object causes the fire to grow. How would I go about maiking this happen. I though animating an extrusion would do the trick but I'm sure...

# 3 30-03-2004 , 08:22 AM
somebody else asked this a couple of days ago and I think the answer given was to use animated sweeps. Have a look at that option.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 4 31-03-2004 , 10:06 PM
Subscriber
Hi CBP3D,

you can throw on a keyframe for your extrude, however afterwards you can't delete history on that object, because then you will also delete the keys, because the extrude history get's deleted...

I have attached an animation test file, in the thread Alan is talking about here... -->Extruding Faces over time or you should be able to download it by clicking here... user added image

I will see if I can find the Maya file for it... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 5 01-04-2004 , 08:45 PM
Subscriber
thanks strarup

# 6 01-04-2004 , 10:35 PM
Subscriber
oki doki... user added image

btw. I have found the file, and attached it in the other thread... if you e.g. want to have a look at it... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 7 02-04-2004 , 01:01 AM
Subscriber
hey that's pretty awesome. I actually went playing around with it for awhile...but I'm still not sure how to animate it along a path. it has history but the zero point is at the end of the curve selected not the begining. if i missed something in your other thread I apologize ahead of time.