Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-05-2004 , 02:21 AM
Lifetime Member

Helicopter part 19 skip

There seems to be a jump in the helicopter part 19 video.

At 24:54 you are doing the top of the landing gear and at 24:55 you are working on the bottom of the gear. There are several steps missing.

This is a great tut and I hope to be able to come at least close when I try doing it myself.
user added image

Tem

# 2 03-05-2004 , 07:42 AM
Kevin
Tem

I will look into this today, may have been a encode error, or may have been how it was done, Ill ask the kman user added image

If an encode error I will fix it user added image

# 3 03-05-2004 , 08:28 AM
Kevin
just checked and it and I believe it was how it was done, Ill ask kman now

# 4 03-05-2004 , 11:35 AM
Oh my... yes, that's my bad user added image There seems to be a little jump. Luckily not too big. Take a look at the pic below.

1. Duplicate a. Move it down in Y and scale it to make the start of part b.
2. Select the lower row of vertices of part b and scale them down a bit to create that cone like shape.
3. Duplicate a. Move it down in Y and scale it to make the part c.

Attached Images

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 5 03-05-2004 , 12:27 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks for the reply. It wasn't too big a jump but, I figured you should know about it.

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you got the flare on the end.