Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-05-2004 , 02:21 AM
Lifetime Member

Helicopter part 19 skip

There seems to be a jump in the helicopter part 19 video.

At 24:54 you are doing the top of the landing gear and at 24:55 you are working on the bottom of the gear. There are several steps missing.

This is a great tut and I hope to be able to come at least close when I try doing it myself.
user added image

Tem

# 2 03-05-2004 , 07:42 AM
Kevin
Tem

I will look into this today, may have been a encode error, or may have been how it was done, Ill ask the kman user added image

If an encode error I will fix it user added image

# 3 03-05-2004 , 08:28 AM
Kevin
just checked and it and I believe it was how it was done, Ill ask kman now

# 4 03-05-2004 , 11:35 AM
Oh my... yes, that's my bad user added image There seems to be a little jump. Luckily not too big. Take a look at the pic below.

1. Duplicate a. Move it down in Y and scale it to make the start of part b.
2. Select the lower row of vertices of part b and scale them down a bit to create that cone like shape.
3. Duplicate a. Move it down in Y and scale it to make the part c.

Attached Images

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 5 03-05-2004 , 12:27 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks for the reply. It wasn't too big a jump but, I figured you should know about it.

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you got the flare on the end.