Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-06-2004 , 02:58 PM

Mini iPod 3d image

I am new to 3d Imaging and animation. Been going through the tutorials that come with the PLE Version of Maya. I have stoped at the Animation Tutorial to try and put to use what I have learned so far. I am making and 3d image of my Mini iPod.

I am stuck at the part where the Headphones go into the iPod.
It is a simple hole. How make a hole like that in the Face? I will try and get a picture to post so you all will know what I am talking about.

Thanks for any help you can give in advance.

P.S. Is there a thread about the Procedures to making a 3d image? Like step 1 draw a 2d image step 2.....ect......ect....ect?

Thanks again,

Shag.

# 2 24-06-2004 , 03:22 PM
Subscriber
Regarding the hole - all you need to do is ssape the edges and verts,wher you want the hole to be, to a circular shape and the extrude the face(s) into the body of the ipod - hope this makes sense

the second part - seems to be 1st draw/find refernce images
2nd model, 3rd texture model 4th rig/animate

cheers

Rich
# 3 02-07-2004 , 03:47 PM
Subscriber
if you want the hole and no plug in it so you just have a hole i would create a poly or nurb cylinder depending on what type you used for the ipod and place it over the hole then use booleans and use the subtract if its a nurb or if its a poly booleans difference. this will cut out a section with a cylinder hole in to the ipod and you can model the cylinder to look like a plug hole.