Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 46 11-10-2002 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber
Im a student, majoring in Digital Animation. Soph year. =]

- Chris L. Harkins -
# 47 11-10-2002 , 03:49 PM
Supreme Being
welcome to SM Oculus.. :p

btw.. is the nick by any chance the Oculus from Diablo 2..?

# 48 12-10-2002 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
Thanks! Im not the Oculus from Diablo 2, sorry.

Never even played D2 before. =|

- Chris L. Harkins -
# 49 12-10-2002 , 11:50 PM
Subscriber
im mostly lazy, watch to much sci-fi and animation and collect to much crap...toys, dvds (130 so far) and cds (christ knows how meny cds, but its alot)..

and when im not being lazy i work as a full time modeler and texturer at an illustration company in the uk

Monsters! Monsters from the id!
# 50 12-10-2002 , 11:57 PM
Hey Mushroomgod .. good to see you around here. Had some time without seeing you over here!

# 51 13-10-2002 , 11:11 AM
Subscriber
lol, im always about!

but i always spend less time replying and more time viewing...told ya i was lazy user added image

Monsters! Monsters from the id!
# 52 13-10-2002 , 03:28 PM
smood
O.K i'm 13 years old just a student in the 7 grade in a little school in bit-birl (next to cfr-sba in isreal) most of the with my girl-friend and with my comuter, stude VB, C++, ASP, Flash and now some maya.
i'm goning to make an 15 ponits (magamot in hebro i'm not sure i transmit it right) in comutirs i alrde got an save place in the best school in countrey and just pass to finch it.
hobbis:

My girl-friend
VB
ASP
Front-page = for exsmple get into https://horses.yotertov.net
Maya
and i cant have a beer damm user added image

# 53 13-10-2002 , 08:46 PM
Supreme Being

Originally posted by smood
and i cant have a beer damm user added image

ahahahah.. user added image
well, you will.. someday?!.. lol

went to the page.. couldn't understand anything.. lol.. nice work man.. :p

# 54 15-11-2002 , 02:35 AM
male/24. I work at NBC Studios in Burbank Ca. I mostly do alot of secreterial stuff (reports, typing). Actually, that's my side job. My real occupation is musician. even though I don't make any money at it. Get pretty bored at work so I sneak to our Graphics Dept. and screw around whith them and get free advice/help although no one knows Maya.

the day we stop thinking is the day we start sinking
# 55 15-11-2002 , 02:52 AM
Right now Im a community advancement surveyor. But when I graduate school, then hopefully I'll have a cooshy job over at ILM or Pixar. user added image But what I really aspire to do is work the drive thru at our local McDonalds. Now that's a career! woot!

Ha ha... no, really.. Im currently finishing my Masters degree for Computer Animation. In the meantime, I'm a bouncer at Club Level on South Beach. I also enjoy recording and producing a few rap, hip hop, and r&b groups here in Miami. Music is my ultimate dream job but I'm going into 3D just in case music never works out. I also do web design and digital painting. I've got quite a few hobbies, but most of them I don't have time to do anymore since I'm in school. Perhaps, one day, I'll have time to do them again...when I die. user added image

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 56 15-11-2002 , 11:46 AM
Subscriber
2nd youngest 14, cant work yet so no proper maya for me yet but when i crack a joob ill buy the real maya
do basketball guitar and soccer but maya bit hard down here so took a computer proggramming scholarship - delphi not to bad also do frontpage and studying java between all that im just looking at maya stuff and bumming with me other friends that dont have jobs
--
also the odd beer wen da olds caring for me lil brouser added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 57 15-11-2002 , 04:08 PM
Subscriber

me posted on wrong thread

Me
I work for I.B.M(For my sins)as support engineer,also a Microsoft certified mental case...did my last exam a month ago phew hard work.
Im 33 Got a Hnd in graphic design and illustration in 1995.
try being freelance for a while which was ok
Pretty good on Photoshop and not bad at flash but want to become the ONE on Maya.
Love beer more beer and women...
listen to the likes of Nirvana strokes richard ashcroft and paul weller etc
got a few tatoos and iam really into the artwork of Vaughn Bode
mode 2 and matise
Oh Brighton kicks arse saw Fatboy slim yesterday his not fat......
Come and vist loads of Pubs and a few famous faces

# 58 15-11-2002 , 04:57 PM
Subscriber
Me

I'm a 21 year old college student at Texas Tech Univerity studying computer sciences. (for the love of God I'm almost done!) I work at the Library on campus for extra spending cash. I'd like to someday work for a Video Game company or doing CG work for films. I already got to make a racing game in my Intro to Computer Graphics class. (It's not the best but it was a blast making it.)

My hobbies include
Kuk Sool Won (I'm an assistant instructor)
Paintball
Writing
Just got into Maya!
Beers except the american stuff and Fosters and most recently Tequila with no chasers.

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 59 15-11-2002 , 05:11 PM
Kevin
haha..its great reading about what all your crazy folk get up to user added image

dam dave - a bouncer.... you are the ones who line us up, make us hold hands and try to scare us...but after a few pints - we have no fear LOL

watkira - Microsoft certified mental case HAHAHAHAHA

GateKeeper - whats the Kuk Sool Won all about? martial art?

mumbojumbo_13 - also the odd beer wen da olds caring for me lil bro HAHAH LOL

laz: My real occupation is musician. even though I don't make any money at it LOL I hear ya mate, dam does anyone make any dam money any more?? user added image

smood - what the hell are you on about LOL - only kidding mate user added image

# 60 15-11-2002 , 07:40 PM
WATKIRA: I though your avatar had a familiar style to it. I love Vaugh Bode'! I got Cobalt60, Junkwaffle, and Cheech Wizard comics. Mode 2 kicks ass too. Those Europeans got a tight graff style. Are you into graffiti?

Here's a little somethig for ya. user added image

user added image

KEVIN: After a few pints, you guys are easier to deal with. LOL! user added image

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu

Last edited by dave_baer; 15-11-2002 at 07:43 PM.