Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 24-09-2004 , 10:53 PM
Subscriber

Speakers

Hey guys, been away from the forum awhile and finally found some time to come by. Got some new stuff this is all rendered in Turtle. I am not sure which of the three to go with. Any suggestions will be great.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-09-2004 , 11:55 PM
Hey roach, cool looking speaker design. I think they all look good, but I think the first render looks about the best. user added image

# 3 25-09-2004 , 12:29 AM
yup, cool design... the renders could use some specular highlights, bit more defined shadows and the black parts could use a little more variation in the brightness (<- are a bit flat atm)... just my $0.02...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 25-09-2004 , 06:08 AM
The first one caught my eye with that bright yellow cone ... but I think I like the third one better ... hrmm ...

I suppose what I don't like about the first two is that the wood texture/color you've got on them reminds me of that wood grain thats not actually wood grain but a decal over particle board and that reminds me of this old desk I had that was constantly losing one of its legs. So don't listen to meuser added image

Nice work!

Dave

# 5 25-09-2004 , 03:08 PM
Subscriber
thanks for the feedback guys. I should mess around with the wood specular a bit but since the wood is a low polish I didn't want to much specular. Here is another image just quickly messed around in photoshop. I still need to work on shadows better.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 30-09-2004 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber
small update. fixed up some of the reflectivity on the surface. I added blur reflection on the floor. What do you guys think.

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 30-09-2004 , 05:29 PM
Subscriber
I know i want a pair and your right the yellow ones your doing caught my eye first and they're the ones i like.