Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 23-10-2002 , 02:17 PM
Complicated, and challenging!

Can't wait to see some entries!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 17 29-10-2002 , 06:32 PM
Think I will try a little Shiva action... but damn... i just remembered... I don't know how to use Maya! Guess I better crack open the book eh?

ChiTao

# 18 29-10-2002 , 06:36 PM
The Maya Mountain
Gotta start somewhere. user added image

# 19 30-10-2002 , 10:37 PM
Supreme Being
welcome to SM ChiTao.. :p

# 20 04-11-2002 , 02:32 PM
Subscriber

hello

just one simple question:

would it be a problem to enter a challenge even if that might be my first model? or is the challenge meant for ppl that know already how to model real cool models user added image or is there a limitation on how many may participate in a challenge?

oops, just realize that my first post is in challenge section user added image now please rip my head off and send me to wip, when looking at the challenge posts, it is work in process user added image

# 21 04-11-2002 , 02:46 PM
babyduck, welcome to SM, you can enter any model either for WIP or Challenges. If you want feed back from members on your work post in WIP. For the challenges we have them every month with a diffrerent topic, and anyone can join in.

welcome again

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 22 04-11-2002 , 02:47 PM
Good luck babyduck! ...and Welcome!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 23 04-11-2002 , 08:54 PM
Subscriber
babyduck

Welcome aboard.

The dragon model I created for the challenge, is only the 4th model Iv'e ever created with Maya.

I have found this challenge forum very frendly and helpfull. I would recomend you give it a go.

The crew and visitors that frequent the forum, are most encouraging and many give constructive feedback, which will help you create more freely with Maya and produce better models.

Looking forward to seeing you in the next challenge.

# 24 05-11-2002 , 09:17 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Garry1953
Looking forward to seeing you in the next challenge.

right, so you find someone to even give hints user added image

and thanks for the head ups - i will make a :banana: if my model does not look like a simple cube user added image