Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-02-2005 , 03:30 AM
Subscriber

help MODELING!!!

i was wondering how i might be able to model this hadle for a sword i tried a sphear and then vertex and strech them out but it didnt work what else can i use to make this hadle like as it is.

Attached Images
# 2 15-02-2005 , 06:41 AM
Subscriber
Create a straight CV or EP Curve. Rebuild the curve with a fairly high number spans (e.g. 36). Modify the curve using the curl option with medium settings (e.g. amount=1, frequency=1). Create a nurbs circle at the base of this curve and extrude along the coiled curve. You can set the extrude to result in polygons.

Alternatively, create a poly cube with one dimension about 1/3rd of the other two (e.g. height=3, depth=3, width=1). Smooth the cube with a subivision level of 1 to create an octaganol object. Select four faces on one side of the "cube" and extrude them out (recommend using global vice local) with multiple division and a twist.

Sound to confusing? E-mail me and I'll send you a scene file with examples.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 15-02-2005 , 11:30 PM
Subscriber
hmm...I would like to know that too...any chance you can send me that example scene also?

# 4 16-02-2005 , 02:50 AM
Subscriber