Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-02-2005 , 11:06 PM

adding materials and textures to more than one object?

Hello everyone,

I am currently putting paint textures on some pieces in my maya file. The thing is, I have a bunch of different objects that i want to all have the same texture on...but, when i apply a blinn material while they are all selected..it only singles out the first one i selected and lets me apply the blinn to that. Then, if i try to apply a texture, it won't affect all the items, just the first one i selected, even though i know for a fact i selected all the objects...

So how do you apply a material and a texture to more than one object without having to do one by one?

And i tried grouping them and then trying it, but that didn't work either... ?!?

# 2 27-02-2005 , 11:36 PM
Simply Maya OG
Select all you objects, then right click the shader/material/texture..whatever you wanna call it(in the hypershade)....and select "apply to selected objects". Or something similar. I dont have Maya open right now so.....yea. user added image

- Hybrid
# 3 27-02-2005 , 11:44 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiice....that worked, thanx man...