Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 13-04-2005 , 05:04 PM

Rendering issues

i have a problem while rendering items with a texture map, maped to the color attribute of a shader which is assigned to a model. The model is a polygonal spaceship. The texture map shows up just fine in the viewports with hardware rendering turned on, but when i render an image it is all ****ed up, like the image shows. Can anybody tell me what i'm doing wrong here?
I would be very gratefull for answers!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 13-04-2005 , 05:28 PM
Subscriber
...attached image way too big :O

I'd have to guess that you have something set wrong in you're render globals, since it only happens at render. I appears to be tiling the texture but I can't think of any render global option that would do that... hmm.

In the render globals select Presets>Load Preset>default settings then rerender.

any difference?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 13-04-2005 , 05:35 PM
Thanks for answering.
I did as you say, but there is no difference! I have a lot of textures whish i applied earlier before i found out how to use the UV texture editor. Maybe they are making things ugly. Is there any way to unapply those earlier applied textures?

# 4 13-04-2005 , 07:11 PM
Subscriber
How did you apply the textures? 2D or 3D projections?

# 5 13-04-2005 , 07:16 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by beritsmerit2
Thanks for answering.
I did as you say, but there is no difference! I have a lot of textures whish i applied earlier before i found out how to use the UV texture editor. Maybe they are making things ugly. Is there any way to unapply those earlier applied textures?

Try selecting the old textures in hypershade and deleting them

# 6 13-04-2005 , 07:43 PM
Eh 3D, i think...

# 7 13-04-2005 , 07:50 PM
And i also have a 2D texture mapped to the color of hte blin material. Very confusing. I think i will start all over, make a new model and try to apply the texture right the first time and see what happens...anyway thank you for your kind support

# 8 13-04-2005 , 07:57 PM
Hey, it suddenly worked out. I had to go in an edit the placement of the placed3Dtexture node. I think that's it.

# 9 13-04-2005 , 08:36 PM
Subscriber
glad you were able get it straightened out.

# 10 15-11-2011 , 07:39 PM
I'm also having the same problem, and I've tried looking at the render settings, and as far as I can tell I haven't done any 3D texturing. The only thing I've done is assign material to faces and Bump mapping...any ideas on how to fix it?

Attached Thumbnails