Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 31 01-06-2005 , 09:12 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for that Bryce :p

Nearly finished his bad boy. I'm going to play around a bit more with the lighting I think, and model the policeman. I'm overall quite happy with it, just wanted to see if I could finish something for once!! Don't think I'm going to be able to complete the challenge though, I'm way too busy at the mo user added image

Attached Thumbnails

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 32 01-06-2005 , 09:52 AM
Subscriber
Now that's one hot looking Lego Car!!!

Are you going to animate it too?

# 33 01-06-2005 , 09:56 AM
Subscriber
Hi Paul.

I'm not quite sure about animating it, I'm not an animator at all really, I just prefer to concentrate on the modelling and shading. I was thinking about doing a turntable, having the blocks transparent then gradually appearing to show how its built. I'll have to do a test to see if it will look alright.

Why don't you like your spitfire texture! I think it looks cool :p

# 34 01-06-2005 , 10:42 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Lisa,

I've had a look at a few models on the web and they really look much more realistic than mine. Also the texture map I'm using seems to be too small so I will need to up the resolution if I want to put more detail in the Bump map.

I'm learning slowly but surely.

The turntable idea sounds great, maybe you could put in a few camera movement to really show of the sexy lines of your lego car user added image

Cheers
Paul

# 35 01-06-2005 , 07:04 PM
for one... LEGOS ROCK!!!

*has buckets and buckets of legos in his room*

Anyway... i think the steering wheel might be at the wrong angle. from memory(unless they changed it in the last 5 years or so which is possible) the wheel itself was very near perpendicular to the ground, You have it like it would be if it were a real car. The steering wheel fits in the same space the entire shaft(steering column?) takes up.

# 36 02-06-2005 , 08:19 AM
Subscriber
Hi twisteddragon.

I did mess around with the angle of the steering wheel, as I botched it a bit and it was cutting into the blocks behind it, so I had to adjust the angle of it a bit. I'm not too concerned if its slightly off. It is to the right scale though, and its in the corect position according to the instructions that I got with the model. Good job noticing though user added image you must be a real lego buff!! :p

# 37 05-06-2005 , 02:49 AM
yeah... used legos for close to a decade before i officially got too old for them (girlfriend told me to stop)... so yeah... started when i was about 6ish.. used them till about 16. Still have them thoughuser added image