Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 46 14-06-2005 , 09:17 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hi Guys n Gals

Shirt blocked and a subd. Onto the trousers.

user added image

_J

# 47 14-06-2005 , 09:50 PM
You gotta love an alien bartender with truncated eye sockets, a potbelly, man-boobs and wears a wifebeater T-shirt! Thats downright damn beautiful Jay!

Dave

# 48 15-06-2005 , 07:28 AM
Dave,

LOL man!! You got this one to the letter. Thanks for the kind comments. Its alway a bit of a lottery when creating a new character cos you just dont know how people are gonna react. But this is the sort of thing I want people to recognise as youve described perfectly - stereotypes in life, people relate much better to things that way, as its not to 'deep' either like the Matrix for example (yawn). Its to the point.

Thanks for your comments again, Dave. Will email you soon with all the gossip

Later
Jay

# 49 15-06-2005 , 09:42 AM
Hehe... looks very cool Jango..

"Wifebeater T-shirt" haha...that's funny.

Last edited by DJbLAZER; 15-06-2005 at 09:48 AM.
# 50 15-06-2005 , 09:12 PM
Yeah, great one that I loved it LOL

Anyway heres a small update. Ive suffered a migraine attack this evening and shouldnt really be on the PC at all. Ive been prone to these since I wa 14 and they dont get better with age I tell ya.

Anyway less of my woes heres a belly and some shorts ready to block in tomorrow:

user added image

Laters
_J

# 51 15-06-2005 , 09:15 PM
I can't believe how well you model with polys! (Actually, I can) Your modeling process is really quick! I hope to model like that one day.

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.

Last edited by Shadeblade; 16-06-2005 at 04:03 PM.
# 52 16-06-2005 , 07:39 AM
Subscriber
Just noticed the clothing tutorial up and would like to say thanks. I actually found out something new straight away as i'd always gone into the tool options just to turn on "keep faces together" option but never realised the "keep new faces planar" option and that's really going to speed things up for me.

The bar tender looks great btw.

# 53 16-06-2005 , 07:54 AM
Hey Guys

Thank you.

Ckyuk: Hey good, glad you learned something.

Later with updates

_J

# 54 16-06-2005 , 09:34 PM
Just a fly by update

Enjoyuser added image

_J

# 55 17-06-2005 , 01:05 AM
Subscriber
Really turning out Great! Man I Love it.

Although I would add a few things to his clothing so he doesn't look so couch potato-ish. and more along the theme of alien bartender, you know perhaps some high tech accessories, or something.

Just my 2 cents. But mesh wise it's a beaut!

Think Twice Split Poly Once
# 56 17-06-2005 , 07:15 AM
Hey Grayth

Thanks man, dont worry there are a few 'add-ons' to go yet, need to get the basics first though, still needs more creases on the shorts. Expect an apron, belt, money pouch and some techy stuff on his belt, and some old field boots (once the legs are done)

Later dude
_J

# 57 23-06-2005 , 02:00 AM
Subscriber
Jey bro,
I'm loving this man..
Odd as it were... this guy is comming along nicely..
Some how, i can see Mos Eisley (Sp?) behind him , or..more so all around him.. Go figure eh?..
Heh

keep up the god work bro.. i'll be looking for an update user added image

Legend

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 58 23-06-2005 , 08:06 AM
Legend

hows it going? hows the portfolio/reel going too? Thanks for your comments, Not done a great deal more to this guy right now as the weather here in the UK is just too damn hot and sweaty to be slaving over a hot processor at night. So just a few quiet evenings being spent in the garden doing some design work right now till the storms come at the weekend to cool it all down. Woohoo!!

There is a small update on this guy on its way as Ive now added a leg and am working on the foot which is sort of webbed/insectoid like. Will post soon.
Later

_Jay

# 59 23-06-2005 , 10:05 AM
Jango!!

Heya Jay, how are ya? I hope all is well on your side user added image Nice char, he is looking relly cool, can't wait to see this one complete. Keep up the fantastic work Jango. Take care user added image

MainlineX

-------------------------------------------
# 60 23-06-2005 , 11:26 AM